Sunday, December 3, 2006

Fashion On Ice?

Yes, I did attend said event (I have proof)... and you know what? It was quite entertaining. Sure skating is sort of neat to watch on television. "Oohhhh! Loook!" I can only tolerate that for five or ten minutes though and have to switch the channel. It's a bit more interesting when you're actually seeing them do it.

I'm not sure where the Fashion part came in. I guess the designers are some big deal or something. It was just skaters wearing nice clothes. I expected some over the top insane thing with a runway. I really was pleasantly surprised.

Chris Issac played music (all good). He also played some of the music for the skaters.

Those giant ice extravaganzas you see on the tv? They edit the hell out of them. They must take weeks and weeks to film. Here's the cool part.

The show ended after two hours, and I say to my friend "Wait. See up in that skybox? That's Chris, he's still here, maybe if enough people stay he'll come back out." Of course everyone is leaving...

So, the announcer dude comes out and goes "Ok! Everybody that's here come on down to the front. We're taping this and we have to do it right. We need crowd noise! The skaters are coming back out!"

Ummmmm... Okay!!

So they re-introduce Chris Issac and everyone screams. He didn't come back out. (bleah) The skaters did though... and for the next 40 minutes I got to watch them fix all the things they didn't want shown on television.

Music going backwards and forwards until they got it in the right spot while the skater went back and forth. The one girl was doing her routine from a certain point and then the Loud God-like Voice goes "Sorry, Sorry. We had the wrong lights on. Those weren't yours. It wont work, hold on, you need to do it again."

It was pretty freaking cool to see all that background stuff. I can't wait to see what the broadcast looks like. Look for me on NBC on Sunday, January 21, 2007 at 4pm EST... also on the Style Network Feb 5 at 5pm and Feb 9 at 3pm! I'm on the left side. lol

Without further ado... Pictures and bad video! No, I did not actually wear the wig or the purse. It's just for effect... I was going to see Fashion On Ice after all.

The wig is mine, it's part of a Halloween costume. The purse is a present for a friend. She has a chiuaua.. it's one of those Paris Hilton dog carrier type things. I got it for 99 cents on eBay! I do look quite fetching I must say. The girls at the KFC were loving it.

Hell, cheap seats for a television production a five minute walk from my house? How could I resist? I just wish my Elton John and Live pictures came out as good as this crap.


http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q203/fashionice/

No comments: