Sunday, February 18, 2007

Eeeep!! Slight dilemma! On a Sunday!

I woke up this morning at 9:30... Ewww. My mouth tastes horrible. Need water. Mmmm. gotta pee. Need juice, I want orange juice. Hungry. I want McDonalds.

Water. Yummy. Pee. Nice! (I actually do sit to pee quite often. It's easier and you don't have to aim. That's not a good idea in the dark, you can miss.)

I turn on the light and go to comb my hair... Uh, oh. Where'd it go? Checks bed looks for 20 minutes. Nope can't find it. It's not here!!! I go check the bed I know I didn't sleep in last night. Not there either. Sometime between 3:30 am and 9:30 am the barbell in my eyebrow unscrewd itself and ran away. It was there when I went to bed!

I can't leave nothing in it. I've only had it 3 weeks, it'll start to close!... stick a toothpick in it! Well, no that's just stupid. I went back to the place I had it done. Closed. (It's Sunday morning) Where to go? What to do?... so I go to the mall. I looked at every little piercing hut place, Hot Topic and Spencer Gifts. Nobody had the right gauge... and if they did it was something insane. HT had this thing, it was pointy and sharp. It would look like a 4 inch curved needle sticking out of your head. It was the right size, but Hell no! I bought a smaller gauge barbell at one of the little kiosk/hut things just to stick in temporarily...

By the time I got home it was 12:30. The place I had it done at was open. For $15 a nice girl gave me a new one and stuck it in for me. "Can I get a spare? I spent all morning looking for one. Nobody has the right size... unless you want dangly sparkly chick belly button jewelry in your face." 10 for the spare.

I'm all fixed. Well, I'm not fixed, I'm a bit mental. The eyebrow should hold up for a while though... and I have a spare now!

I was "talking" on instant messenger with a friend much later *Waves Hello in case he's looking*... he goes, "Use a paperclip next time! That's what I do. It freaks people out too!"

I didn't think of that. I'm sitting here looking at one of the big ones, it's the same gauge as the bit of metal in my face. A good alcohol swabbing and it would do in a pinch.

1 comment:

concerned citizen said...

or you could buy a whole roll of wire(galvanized of course)Think of all the fun shapes you could make? Crimminys, you could start a whole construction project on your face. :)