Friday, February 22, 2008

Video

Who knew that when you dropped Mentos (tm) into a bottle of Diet Coke (tm) it would cause a reaction? These guys have perfected into an art.

*edit* In this video, water and dry ice was probably probably used. Seems that causes a similar reaction. This display was meant to mimic the fountain in front of the Bellagio hotel in Las Vegas.*edit*




This is really cool. I wish something like this happened when I was waiting for a train. They're called "Improv Anywhere" and stage random events.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fucking cool! I'm putting the second one on my blog :)

Unknown said...

Feel free! I didn't film it.

Arcturus said...

Wow -- the second one was awesome. Such a simple and profound idea so beautifully executed.

I was skeptical at first of the first one, though. That didn't even look like soda pop, and how could it explode that high out of the bottle? And if that was in your stomach -- if you ate a Mentos and drank some diet coke -- would you die?

But it turn

But I found an article on our trusty Wikipedia about it here, and it apparently is real. And our Snopes urban legend page debunked the myth that the Mentos - Coke mixture killed anybody.
This reminds me of the 1970s urban myth that "Pop Rocks" candy and coke killed the kid "Mikey" from the LIFE cereal commercial.

Unknown said...

I reserched it before I put it up!

If it was a fake thing I'd have put it up anyway, with a disclaimer thingie saying it was fake.

Unknown said...

I really like the second one. It was done perfectly.

When the guy driving the thing was calling for help it ended right then. Everybody dispersed.

Very cool.