Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Happy Birthday!!!!


1947, Born on this day, Elton John, singer, songwriter, pianist, (Reginald Dwight).



1971 UK No.7 single 'Your Song', 1973 US No.1 single 'Crocodile Rock' seven other US No.1's.

Biggest selling single of all time with 1997 'Candle In The Wind 97', plus over 50 UK Top 40 hit singles.



Sold over 150m records worldwide. He auditioned for prog-rock band King Crimson. Elton and Bernie Taupin wrote 'Don't Go Breaking My Heart' under the pseudonyms Ann Orson and Carte Blanche.


Some of the aliases Sir Elton has used checking into hotels include, Prince Fooboo, Sir Humphrey Handbag, Lillian Lollipop, Lord Choc Ice, Lord Elpus, Binky Poodleclip and Sir Henry Poodle. Elton John’s official nickname is Rocket Man - but Rod Stewart calls him Sharon.

Text stolen from http://www.thisdayinmusic.com/.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just fucking Love Elton John's songs! Rocket Man, Tiny Dancer & Danial(?) My brother come to mind.

Unknown said...

It's Daniel. I love Elton.

I did get to see him live once, I paid $150 (face value) a piece for 6 tickets that were in the "nose bleed" section. I didn't care. It was Elton!!!!

I think my sister ponied up part of the cash for her tickets.

I'm really sorry I missed him when he was HERE!! I didn't know!!!!! It was his "Red Piano" tour...

You know that little theatre near me I've been going to? He played there!!! It sits about 3,500 people!

Even if I had known, thckets were probably impossible to get, or easily $1,000 a piece.