Sunday, May 10, 2009

My brother, my friend



For those who have asked...on Tuesday, May 5th....is when my brother left us. I only know what my dad told me and that is that he was not feeling well on Monday and had called out from work that day. He spent most of Monday night moaning and groaning in pain. My father did ask him numerous times if he wanted to go to the hospital but unfortunately, typical of him, he said no. Tuesday morning my father went out to walk the dogs and came back to find Bryan on the floor. Simply put, it was the alcohol that claimed him in the end.

There were no services...his wishes....he wanted to be cremeated and did not wish to go through all that....he never liked the whole idea of a "viewing"....

I really do appreciate all of your kind words. I know that my brother cared very much about the people he let into his life and that includes his "online" pals. That is why I left the message on his blog. It is touching to me when I see all the memorial posts you have all left and I realize that those who got a chance to know him in the slightest knew what a wonderful, kind-hearted person he was.

I want you all to know that Bryan did not let just anyone into his life....as a whole he did not like people. (Who can blame him...I'm the same way...there's too many morons and idiots out there.) So you all must be very special people in your own way for him to have let you be a part of his world, even in the slightest manner.



I will always have fond memories of my brother....he was my "go to" person when I had no one else who wanted to do silly things with me, go to concerts, shows, etc. The slightest thing will always bring these memories back...like checking my e-mails and just seeing the updated list of concerts. The above pic was when we went to Atlantic City to see Live and we stopped off at Ripley's Believe It Or Not just to waste some time.



The above picture is very old....yes, that is Bryan!!...This was one of the few times he came with us on our family vacation. I know he must have been thrilled that he never had a prissy sister who was afraid of snakes and whatnot. I even forgave him for doing that to my hair!!! (I was his guinea pig when he was taking cosmotology classes.)



Who is going to steal hotel lampshades with me now?!? LOL

Anyway....thank you all for your kind words. I'm actually thinking of leaving this blog up and using it as a place for me to turn to when I want to reminisce....Dear brother.....we all loved you...probably more than you realized....

Char (Bry's sister)

2 comments:

fifi said...

Hotel lampshades?
I should have guessed.lol!


I hope you received my letter. Take care, you will miss him so much, as will all of us out here. he was a great guy.

Bryan said...

Yes...I received your e-mail. Have not gotten a chance to really read it yet though.

Yep...for some reason...I think they were renovating...the hotel had all these lampshades piled up outside the room...he pretty much dared me to take one...so I took a whole pile....he went back and took the rest! LOL....he didn't let me go to the concert though with one on my head...he made me bring some home though...they're actually down in my basement in the yard sale stuff....I think I'm going to have to remove them from there now...must keep them now!