Saturday, March 3, 2007

Once we were lovers
But somehow things have changed
Now were just lonely people
Tryin to forget each others names

What came between us?
Maybe we were just too young to know
But now and then
I feel the same,
And sometimes at night I think
I hear you calling my name
Mmm-hmm-mmm these dreams
They keep me going these days

Once we were lovers
But that was long ago
We lived together then
And now we do not even say hello

What came between us?
Maybe we were just too young to know
But now and then
I feel the same,
And sometimes at night I think
I hear you calling my name
Mmm-hmm-mmm these dreams
They keep me going these days

8 comments:

concerned citizen said...

I have that song by Jim Croce "These Dreams" on a LP.

a nice melancholy song.

Unknown said...

You knew what it was? Go You! :-)

That's me in the white shirt.

concerned citizen said...

Jim Croce is a favorite of mine. For one thing he writes great songs. I have one album of his, "Photographs & Memories"

I was wondering which one was you. From what i can see, you look very young in the picture.

Unknown said...

I'm 39 now. I was with him for 10 years. I'll let you do the calculations yourself if you wish, you'll probably land somewhere in the ballpark.

Arcturus said...

Were those song lyrics or something you wrote? You need to be clear on stuff like that!!

Unknown said...

Arc: No I don't need to be clear. Someone who knows it, knows it and it has meaning to them. I didn't claim it as my own writing.

Jim Croche - These Dreams

Arcturus said...

well, you might not need to be clear for yourself or your blog readers BUT! don't try to get a job at a big, respectable newspaper doing stuff like that!

Unknown said...

Arc: Me? Respectable? I think not Sir. I've just gone and shown two different pictures of right breast on the internet. Maybe I'll run for Mayor.