Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Shuffle Songs.

My iPod has 12,074 songs on it. No, that's not a typo. 12,074. I like most of what's in it, so I just leave it on "shuffle" most of the time. The other day it went from Metallica to John Denver to Cher, Soft Cell, Pink Floyd, Patsy Cline, Van Halen... I never know what it's going to play next.

The road is long
With many a winding turn
That leads us to who knows where
Who knows when
But I'm strong
Strong enough to carry him
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

So on we go
His welfare is of my concern
No burden is he to bear
We'll get there
For I know
He would not encumber me

If I'm laden at all
I'm laden with sadness
That everyone's heart
Isn't filled with the gladness
Of love for one another.

It's a long, long road
From which there is no return
While we're on the way to there
Why not share
And the load
Doesn't weigh me down at all
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

He's my brother
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.


(The Hollies version of He Ain't Heavy)

I was sitting in the park I recently found when it came on... near the sculpture that resembles my Mom and the others so very much. I burst into tears. Nice. Real nice. Fucking iPod. I was ready to chuck it into the river.

<----->


I remember this. It was just after we got back from a giant family vacation to Williamsburg, VA. There were seventeen of us. I was nine...

My Uncle was fourteen when he got diabeaties. Even the people at the hospital thought he was going to die...

He passed out and got rushed to the hospital.

My one Uncle picked him up and carried him to the car. He was sixteen I think.

<----->


My Grandmother kind of yelled at him...

You can't carry him!

He ain't heavy. He's my Brother.

5 comments:

DJ MotorCityMonk said...

12,000+ songs - I'm jealous.

I think I have 1,300+ songs - lame.

BUZZ said...

Cher?
You really ARE gay!

concerned citizen said...

BYE BRY! No more computer for a while.

Let me know if anyone trys to leave nasty comments on my blog, K?

Arcturus said...

Very nicely written, Bryan. Sorry you are going through all of this now.

By the way, I thought Elton John did that song.

Unknown said...

MCM: Pussy. My iPod kicks your iPod's ass.

BUZZ: Fuck you! There's also Bob Dylan, Clash, Rolling Stones and a bunch of other not gay suff on there. Poison's greatest hits was not my doing, but it's on there. Wanna hear some Barbara Striesand? lol

L>T: I told you to make it completely moderated.

Arc: Thank you. I'm kind of ok, as ok as I ever am I guess. I love him very much.

Almost everybody did a cover version of "He Ain't Heavy". There's a Joe Cocker version, the Rufus Wainright one needs to go away, icky. I think Frank Sinatra did it too. The one by the Hollies is the right one. Elton probably did it too.