Thursday, May 31, 2007

Wow. He amazes me.

My Uncle has wanted to get his ten-speed bike out of the garage and fix it up for a long time. It got buried with things that other people put on top of it... It's in there, I saw it. It's going to take forever to get it out of there. It will happen though.

Picture "Sanford and Son's" salvage yard crammed into a 20 x 15 foot area. Not good.

The house is clean. None of the messy stuff was his fault. I can tell what is his doing. Everything is precise.

We've been talking for weeks on the phone and in person... I bought him a bicycle. The exact one he wanted. It's always sold out, you can't even find it on the net. "Not Available". I found it last week.

<----->


You can beat me up later, I'll let you. I just bought the bike you wanted.

(I want it myself! I like it better than mine. It's kind of heavy though.)

<----->


Are you sure? You can't see. I'll find you a bike. If I find out you're trying to ride the damned motorcycle it will disappear. You can fix it up, rev up the engine and take it down the block, maybe. I'll put it in a storage facility where you can't find it, but you can visit it as often as you want. I won't steal it from you, I just don't want you riding the damned thing.

<----->


I can ride a bike Bryan, you don't forget how... look at the sidewalks here, I'd be safer on a bike than walking. Once everybody leaves for the day to work, camp or school, nobody is here.

He's right. Nobody is there at certain times of day. Safe for him to ride a bicycle provided he can stay upright.

So I got him a new bicycle. The stupid man and the blind man assembling a bike...

<----->


He found the coffee can full of allen wrenches in the garage. Oh! Here they are!

I'm tossing wrenches onto the porch by my knee... Dude, there are like twelve of these and they're all the same!

<----->


We finally got the bicycle assembled. He wheeled it into the driveway and hopped on it.

Hmmmmmm. I have to adjust some things. It's pretty good though.

<----->


I'm sorry I didn't get a picture. I was too worried about him cracking his head open though.

He hopped on the bike and rode it across the lawn. He was a little off balance but he did it. Twice. He was better the second time.

<----->


Please, please, please! That was amazing, but do practice runs while somebody is here with you, please. I love you, I don't want you killing yourself on it.

<----->


He really can't see. I've watched him. Carefully. He isn't faking it.

<----->


I ended up missing the 9:56 bus home even though I was way early and it should have come by 10:10. I know where to park myself to catch these buses... The next bus doesn't come until after 12 am. It was starting to thunder and there was what looked like heat lightning, drops coming down...

Flip. Press, press, press. Can I come back and stay? "Yup, you can stay. Come on back."

<----->


Boom! Crack! Boom!

See! I would have ridden my bike home, fuck the bus, but in that?

<----->


He tried to feed me this morning.

I took the bus straight to work.

"Like my outfit?"

Didn't you have that on yesterday?

"Yup."

No comments: