Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Postcards from the edge

People don't send each other mail anymore. It's too easy to just shoot off an email or play phone tag, leaving messages for each other.

Birthday cards, Christmas cards, Anniversary, Get Well cards have all turned into e-cards.

I don't go many places... but I've been looking for postcards wherever I go... I can never find any. Seems that postcards are going the way of the dinosaur. I had a heck of a time finding these. I got them on my most recent excursion. They get bigger if you click 'em, except for the first one, I guess blogger thought it was big enough.

Thinking of you!

^^^Wish you were here! He does too!!! Yummy. He looks kind of mean though.


These are nice. They're reproductions though.



7 comments:

fifi said...

They are so cute, so much better than the ones I've seen around here.

I like the touched-up oldie one at the end.
Are you on holiday?

Unknown said...

No, not on holiday. I do weekend day trip thingies when I can. Usually to go see concerts.

Anonymous said...

Oh Oh! They are great. I am checking the mail everyday for one!

NOT the tarty one of course. I prefer brains over brawn.

Unknown said...

Handmaiden you're still gonna have to wait a bit for yours.

I need to find the right size envelope and stick some postage on it.

Those are what you're getting though.

Unknown said...

Fifi those postcards make AC look much nicer than it actually is.

It might have been nice once upon a time... but development, urban decay, selfishness etc have destroyed what it once might have been... long before my time.

Now there's illegal prostitution, poverty, quite a bit of violent crime... **sigh**

Regulus said...

I do so love the Jersey shore ... from my 1970s childhood and 1980s teenage summer years ... but I was much farther north than Atlantic City ... in Long Branch and Sea Bright. A/C is a dump.

Unknown said...

I agree. AC is a complete dump. It has a few nice bits here and there, but very few.

I much prefer Cape May. Never got over to your neck of the woods, so to speak.