Friday, April 18, 2008

I wish...

I wish I could manage to have this attitude.

Here's some of the lyrics.


Something has changed within me
Something is not the same
I'm through with playing by the rules
Of someone else's game
Too late for second-guessing
Too late to go back to sleep
It's time to trust my instincts
Close my eyes: and leap


I've been taking steps. They aren't big ones but I've made some progress. A few years back I barely left the house. I went to work. Then I locked myself in the house. That was my existence. I didn't go anywhere or socialize with anyone really.




Hmmm. That is the Wicked Witch of West singing, she wasn't very nice. I'm gonna have to read the book "Wicked" to see how they spun it from her point of view.

"A tribute to the strong and beautiful women of Firefly, set to the song Defying Gravity from the musical Wicked."


I have no idea what the show Firefly was like, or the film Serenity either (it was based on the Firefly tv show) . Seems like something I might have enjoyed.

I'd like to see Wicked, but it's a whole ordeal to get there, I could manage it.... but I have nobody to come with me. That wouldn't be any fun.

2 comments:

Rita said...

Well, bryan you certainly have made progress, then. Speaking of...how was the Hall and Oates concert?

You & your friend sounded as if you were having great fun when you called.

I'd love to see a big production musical like "wicked" someday.

Unknown said...

I called you...?? Yeah, I did! I even made you say Hi! to each other.

Concert was great.

We have new tattoos!!!