Saturday, May 17, 2008

America

This did take much thinking on my part. I needed to do it at almost a moment's notice. I wanted good seats.

Do you wanna go? I'll go by myself. You do? Cool. I wanna take M if he wants to go, you'll pick us up? He might be sick tho. Lemme check with A.

You'll go with me? You don't really want to do you? You don't? You'll be my backup though, right? Coolness. I need 3 tickets. I wanna take M if he wants to go and feels well enough, but I gotta buy them now.

That was months ago. It all worked out.


I have a gituar pick somewhere.

I hope I didn't lose it.


He almost got bonked in the head when they threw t-shirts into the audience.


I'm sure he might not have minded that, if the shirt landed in his lap.


"That wizzed right by your head!!"

"It did? Where was it? I'd have jumped to catch it!! I didn't see it tho. Heeheheeheee!"


(At least he still manages to have a sense of humor)



"It landed two rows back, two seats to the left."

"Jimminey Christmas!"

(he's very polite, lol)


We have autographs too!


That's his fault, he encouraged me.


"When are you ever gonna get a chance to get that close to them again?"

Ok, you two wait here, I'll get in line....

Then I politely informed everyone queueing (sp?) up behind me that we would be line jumping.


"My sister and my uncle are waiting near the table. He's blind, I don't want him to deal with this confusion. I have all our stuff and I'm geting it signed anyway, so please let him jump in line."

They did, and were very nice about it... it was an America concert after all. Bunch of us old geezers aren't about to start brawling in the corridor...

He got to meet them, shake their hands... tell him he's been a fan since he was three....

Heee Heee Heee!!! I think I made him happy for a long time!!!

We didn't get him home until 12:30.

My aunt picks him up at 6 am to take him to dialysis, so I called her this afternoon to see if he was ok... (I know he'd been awake approx. 28 hours when she picked him up.)

"Did I kill him?"

"No. He was awake, dressed and ready when I got there. He couldn't wait to show me his autographed ticket and card!" (these are mine)


She framed them for him and put it in top of his TV where he can "see" them.








I love him very much.








It's terrible to see him this way.
He's only three years older than me. We grew up together....

Here I go, starting to cry again.


Here's a reasonable facscimilie of what we saw the other night.

A Horse With No Name



Sister Golden Hair

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh My God! "Sister Golden Hair!" I am so damn jealous.

Sometimes music makes me so nostalgic & overwhelmed with emotion, that I actually hate it.

Unknown said...

The same thing happens with me. See the "Wow" post below.

We had a really nice time.

I talked to him on Sunday and he sounded great.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you could go.

re the WOW post:
Yeah, i get it. Actually, during the last few bad years of my marriage listening to the music from my younger days was the worst, because I felt like the best part of my life was back there.

I feel better about things now. Even though my future is not nearly as secure as it was. At least I'm not suicidal anyway