Thursday, May 22, 2008

I got a present!!


I got a present!!

Presents are always nice.

I did a very small something for someone and they sent this as a thank you.

It's a very odd little book. I quite like it!

It's actually by Edward Gorey. I knew it the second I laid my eyes upon it.

Yes, I took my eyes out and laid them upon the book. I did!!!

I love Gorey. (click the one below, it gets a bit bigger)
















This post here describes the book better than I can.

I got to the end and was all "What the fuck?"

Gorey was like that.

Here's Some Edward Gorey I found on the net.

The Alphabet



The Epipleptic Bicycle




The Tuning Fork

7 comments:

Rita said...

I'm glad you are pleased. :)

Edward Gorey is one of my favorites too.


thanks for the links.

Unknown said...

The person who sent it to me is obviously somewhat deranged!!

What a perverted book.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it? But it's freak'n hilarious.

I tried reading it to a few of my family members, but apparently THEY don't have the same sense of humor we do.

Poor dull souls.

Anonymous said...

burp.

Regulus said...

I watched the third and second one of these first and second, respectively, but I couldn't get through the first one -- too gratuitously violent and unnecessary, even if just a macabre cartoon.

The Wikipedia write up about him was interesting. So he never even made it to England? And he was sorta maybe gay, unless he was "asexual"? And he IS the guy who did the Mystery opening animation. Quite interesting.

P.S. I assume that anonymous 3AM burp comment is your not-in-Michigan belch you made such a fuss about.

Unknown said...

Yes. The burp was Michigain. I've got a bunch of hits from there. Odd. They're all me tho.

Gorey was an odd sort, that's for sure.

Unknown said...

ps: You sort of made it fussier by thinking what you thought. Like I would do that to you!