Sunday, May 4, 2008

This is wrong.


This is wrong. It's just fucking wrong.

Poverty. Disease. Famine.... all sorts of problems in the world that could be helped with this money.
"Antilla, the partially completed home of Mumbai-based petrochemicals giant Reliance Industries head Mukesh Ambani, will stand 27 stories high and is expected to cost $2 billion. Ambani, the fifth richest man in the world, his wife and three children currently live in a 22-story Mumbai tower the family has spent years remodeling and refashioning to meet its needs."

TWO BILLION FUCKING DOLLARS.

Annoying link here. You may have to hit play and adjust the speed to suit yourself. I can't do everything.

Oh, wait... it gets even crazier. Link here.


"There will also be an ice sauna where family and guests can escape the heat in a room filled with man-made snow"

This is a comment from one of the sites I visited:

"Meanwhile, there are people starving to death in the streets of Mumbai.


I don't suppose this $2 billion "home" happens to include a homeless shelter, does it? Thought not."


This fuckwad better be doing something to help the planet.


Oh, yeah, the building is supposed to be "green"... to save on costs and cut down on harm to the enviornment... but... but..

What about all the building materials used to create the monstrosity? THEY HAD TO COME FROM SOMEWHERE.

And.... NO FLOOR CAN BE THE SAME???? The materials on each floor must be different. Nothing can be the same.


"The Ambani home, called Antilla, differs in that no two floors are alike in either plans or materials used."

"The idea is to blend styles and architectural elements so spaces give the feel of consistency, but without repetition."


TWO BILLION FUCKING DOLLARS???? Take your fucking feng-shui BULLSHIT AND SHOVE IT UP YOR ASS.

Guess where he's made all his cash. Can you guess? It was mentioned above. Petrochemicals. That's oil. That's coal. His fortune was made by raping the planet, causing disease and destruction worldwide... and here he shall sit in his wonderful tower where he doesn't have to deal with the common masses... the dregs of society.

I'm glad he and his family can live in comfort. I lead a fairly comfortable existence. I spoil myself, I spend too much money on concerts and hotel rooms that have jacuzzis in them... So I'm not hatin' on him because he can live a lavish lifestyle... but that shit is just wrong on so many levels.

I don't know that I believe in God or a "Higher Power". If there is one, when judgement day comes I hope people are held accountable for what they have done, myself included.

I think I might enjoy one of those "ice saunas" *sigh*

4 comments:

Quantum_Flux said...

Bryan: I don't know that I believe in God or a "Higher Power". If there is one, when judgement day comes I hope people are held accountable for what they have done, myself included.

QF: Including God for not preventing the damage done on 9/11 or Hurricane Katrina when he had all of the power in the world to do so.

You've just got to say every once in a while that "Sometimes the power to stop needless suffering or wreckless spending lies within our own hands and other times we can't prevent bad things from happening." The thing to be sure of, however, is that you can never rely on God for preventing any bad things.

Quantum_Flux said...

I can't quite bring myself to condem him for his gross waste of money and resources, however he could try to spend some money investing in alternative fuels. I'll bet there is some real money to be made in hydrogen energy fuel cells in the future.

Unknown said...

There is no "GOD". If there was he hightailed it out of here when he realized what a fuck-up He was. If the "Judgement Day" that all religions seem to have some form of in their teachings dies happen I filly expect "God" to be accountable as well.

As for the asshole with the two bllion dollar house, that's just obscene, really. Look at the domputer models on the links. Really, living like that is unexcuseable.

I'm sure he's donating to charities. He has to. Somewhere in his vast empire he's getting a tax write off.

Then there is the fact that building that monstrosity employs hunderds, if not thousands of people. Yay. Go Him. Firget the fact that half of them are probably working for next to nothing and might as well be sllaves... or even detter of starving to death perhaps.

Unknown said...

Damn, my typing went to complete crap there!