Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Sightseeing

These are from 6-22-08. It took me forever to get them where I needed them to be. Emailing, downloading, fixing, disgarding all the ones that were complete crap....

Uploading, sideloading, slantloading, fiddling.

Don't expect this sort of Herculean effort put into my blog again any time soon. This took many hours, and nobody reads this dreck anyway. Why should I put forth the effort? If people start reading then I'd be expected to have content with some quality. Damned it I do, damned if I don't. Fuck that.

I do get disappointed when nobody reads something I spent hours on though.

This post would have been 20 feet long if I posted pictures, even after all the ones I "tossed away", so I went the video montage route. There is some commentary in text and there is music, so LOWER your sound and adjust accordingly.

There was an art show at the end of my street. I had no idea! I almost missed it. I would have spent a great deal of time there. Live music, food, beer! Cool art! I missed the neat stuff, that happened on saturday into sunday in the wee hours. The glowing gnome might have been cool in a strange way.

If a chapter of "Art All Night" comes to your town... please support them if you can.



I spent about 90 minutes there and was off to my next adventure. I saw a very sexy man on the train. Oh, wait!! That's me!!! Hahaha.



My destination? The Battleship New Jersey. It dwells in the cesspool that is Camden NJ. It's one of the few things that are safe to visit there. (There are prostitutes and drug dealers brandishing their wares IN FRONT OF THE POLICE HEADQUARTERS!!) It's history. It was something to do. It was very interesting.

Please don't get me wrong. Look it up yourself. New Jersey has some very wonderful places. It also does have a lot of crap. I'm not gonna lie. We get a very bad rap though.

Anyway, here's the ship. This clip is a wee bit long!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great! I loved the one with the ship. Of course I believe every bit of it was true.

Unknown said...

Handmaiden! Hey! You weren't supposed to see that! It wasn't done yet!!

It is mostly true. It took me soooo long just to gather the pictures in one spot that I was kind of nutty by the end. There are probably 50 more just got deleted since they were crap.

I have more on a disposable camera! Yikes!!!

Swarthy Mario is based on a real person. There's this very cute young guy of indeterminate ethnicity who guards the nearby marina.

I don't know his name. He's very nice straight guy and if I see him I do stop and chat for a bit. His job is very boring and he's happy to have the company.

He'd probably beat the crap out of me if he knew I wanted him to take me into some nearby shrubbery and... well, you get the idea.

Now if only that dumb cunt Cher had paid attention to me!!!