Saturday, October 18, 2008

aaaarrrrgggg.

He's angry with me. At least he was at six am. *sigh* I don't blame him.... I'm not about to call him right now either. *sigh*

I thought it would be a nice thing if I brought him coffee... enough for the whole day (I know how he portions it), and a buttered roll for a snack later.

I knew this wasn't exactly the most wonderful of ideas. He doesn't need distractions when he has to leave for the hospital. I meant to say "Morning! Love 'ya. Have a good day!" and leave. Less than two minutes of his time, and not terribly distracting in my mind. That would have worked. That's almost what happened.

What made it not work was that I arrived much sooner than I thought I would. Who knew I could walk 5 miles that fast. I certainly didn't. So I sat on his porch for half an hour. I was freezing by then. Who'da thunk it would be so cold? So, I called him then. Twice. He should have been awake by then. (He was.)

Around five after six, ***** got there to pick him up. "Oh! Hi! Bryan." knocked on the door, rang the bell and used the spare key to get in.

Then all hell broke loose. Well, it wasn't that bad. I did leave almost immediately as I had planned.

"Wait. Stop. Please. You can be angry with me later. Your phone was ringing all night? THAT WASN'T ME! The last two calls you got were me. Yell at me later for that, I got cold out there. Eat. Do what you gotta do. Here's coffee for now. Coffee for later and a snack. I'm back outta here."

"Bryan do you need a ride?"

"No, I'm not fucking ****. I know how to get from point A to point B. Unlike your wife. I got my sorry ass here, I know how to get it home. I walked here. Let's see her do that. It it kept me sober. Bringing him coffee was a good thing. He has coffee and I'm sober. That's not gonna last very long now."

Then I left.

I walked halfway home.

Then I called a cab.

It was too cold. Too far to walk. I was upset.

I'm back into the vodka.

3 comments:

fifi said...

That was an amazing piece of writing.
I know it is real,
but it was extraordinary to read that.




hug.
(more of a short squeeze with one arm from the side. geddit?)

Bryan said...

Well, that's not not exactly something one makes up off of the top of their head.

I wouldn't say it was great writing either. What made it anywhere mear so was because it was real.

I can't tell you how much I cere about him. I gan't go into the family details either. It wouldn't make people happy.

I have a cousin who tries to put the right spin on things... "Hey, we put the fun in disfunctional!"

if only that were true

Bryan said...

damn. my typimg is complete shit... especially when I'm upset.