Saturday, November 15, 2008

Shopping

I realize being a "law enforcement official" is a very hard job. I'm very happy they are there. When they aren't assholes on a power trip. I support my local police. There are quite a few nice men & women who work hard.

At least this one wasn't wasn't a total asshole, it didn't annoy me, much. What annoyed me was that he has to be there in the first place. Watch that people don't steal, fight or get hurt. He shouldn't have to be there.

On my way out... I didn't buy anything, I didn't need anything. At maximum I was in there seven minutes. Maybe someone thought I was a decoy, a distraction. Hell No. I don't need that shit in my life.


What did you come to shop for?
(I should have said that's none of your business.)
I have these buy one get one free bottlecaps I wanted to cash in before they expire. They don't have the right size here though. Guess I need to go to ShopRite.
(Shows policeman a bottlecap)
Then why did you bring that shopping cart.
(I have a new-fangled version of an Old Granny Cart)
I have twenty two of these in my pocket. That's fourty four bottles of soda. I'm gonna carry that three blocks? That's what the cart is for. Shopping.
Oh.


Jerk. I'm glad he was there though. Living in the city isn't always easy. I certainly don't want to get mugged again.

No comments: