Sunday, January 25, 2009

Taxes and Idiocy

Just got back from having my taxes done. I know I can do it on-line for free. There was too much weirdness this year and I didn't feel like filling out all those boxes and shit.... plus the darned thing always asks about some box that doesn't exist anywhere on any of my forms.

$157.95 to have my taxes done. It was almost worth it, just so I don't have to deal with it. That's ridiculous though.

Walking back from the "famous tax place" **hint**Block**end hint** I figured I'd stop at Mickey D's and get a Happy Meal...

One six piece Mc Nugget Happy Meal and three cheeseburgers please. The guy rings it up... and I think, oh no, wait that's too much money!! Next thing I know there are NINE Happy Meals in front of me. WTF!?!...

So, I'm standing there, not moving.... "Did you need something else?" he asks. I glance over at the managerial person, make eye contact and he comes over... Is there something wrong? "Umm, the nice cashier misunderstood me." and he fixed it.

He also screwed up by giving me 9. I have my receipt. He charged me for 6 children's meals and 3 burgers, so I would have made out I guess. But WTF was I going to do with NINE children's meals? I couldn't carry them all and it's not what I asked for.



I did get a cool windup toy!

It's a penguin riding a surfboard!!!

How cool is that!! (yeah, I know, I'm such a child)

Why am I being followed around by penguins?

Yes. My desk is a mess, get over it!

No comments: