Sunday, July 29, 2007

Grey Begone!

*added pic and lyrics 7-29-07 afternoon*

(As always, click the pics to make them grow should you so desire)

This is not a black and white world
To be alive
I say that the colours must swirl
And I believe
That maybe today
We will all get to appreciate
The Beauty of Grey

Live - The Beauty of Gray

Pursue it further and another thing you'll find
Not only are they deaf and dumb they could be going blind and no one notices
I think I'll dye my hair blue

Missing Persons - Words



I decided I needed a change. I'm tired of all that grey hair. On the way home from getting the stuff to dispose of it I saw that there was a full moon. It figures.

Ok, so I'll blame it on the full moon crazies then. I think I'll keep it a while.

First I had to bleach the heck out of my hair. I should have left it in a bit longer but I didn't want to fry my hair. I did that one summer many years ago, I dyed my hair every color under the sun that year. I ended up cutting it all off, it was in such bad shape.

I kind of like it this way. Maybe I should have stopped there... but I didn't...






Now all I need is blue contact lenses. Yes, my hair is blue. This stuff doesn't just rinse out either. I have blue hair. I kinda like it!

*added* Here I am out and about this afternoon at an intersection waiting for the cars to pass. I put that shirt on deliberately. Punk rocker colored hair, punk rocker outfit... ummm, my bike matches my hair too. I didn't do that on purpose.*added*



Just so you have something nice and normal to look at... these are from my yard Saturday morning.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, that's not bad at all. ;)

I like it actually. It goes well with the piercing & the tattoos. Apparently they don't mind that sort of thing where you work?

Now you get to color coordinate with your hair.

Unknown said...

L>T: I'm me, just me!

I've been wanting to dye it blue for about 4 years now, I decided what the heck.... because, yes it does fit with the tats and piercings.

They better not complain at work. The people we provide service to don't see me, it's over the phone. As long as I'm in my little box doing my job, what does it matter?

You should see some of the hair colors and outfits some people there have... and it's not like I have a foot and 1/2 mohawk haircut that would poke out someone's eye!

I see you noticed the blue shirt.. I had that already, one of my favorite colors. When taking pix of one's blue hair shouldn't they wear their blue shirt? :-)

DJ MotorCityMonk said...

I like the yellow/blonde look better.

Arcturus said...

OH, MY!

I'm speechless.

I have a feeling that is going to cause a stir at work...

(By the way, is it "gray" or "grey"? I see it spelled both ways ... weys...)

Unknown said...

Arc: Yes, it was quite a hit. People don't expect normalcy from me anyway.

That's not real. What color is that? Are you having a mid-life crisis or what? etc.

The coloring is named "Blue Haired Freak". If we do meet up in DC for some sight seeing I'll look a little more normal if you'd like. :-)

It'll wash out in a month then I'll be blonde. I'll have to recolor it or something, it'll be time for a cut then anyway. I like the blue though. My Sister loves it!

re: Gray vs. Grey, both are acceptable, though I'm sure you should only use one or the other when writing.

fifi said...

Hello there,

I just came by from Arc's blog (via your comment) and I just thought I'd say that i really like the blue hair.

For what its worth, tha hot guy in the picture look like he would be really self-obsessed and vain...