Saturday, September 29, 2007

That was expensive.

Wow. I just added it all up. That's insane.

  • Transportation: 75.00

  • Food: 40.50

  • Homeless Veteran: 3.00 and 3 cigarettes (he really was ex military, he showed me his id)

  • Souvenirs: 340.00 (?!?!!??!!!!)

  • Tickets: 495.80

  • Hotel stay: 314.00

$1268.30 (roughly, I didn't count the change) Holy Shit Batman!

Can't be doing that sort of thing very often, that's for damned sure... and that was just for me!!! There are a couple of people I'd have loved to have taken with me, one in particular but it really would have been impossible... He isn't well. That would have added on at least another 500.00. Taking him would have been worth it though... I'd pay twice as much as I did just to make him happy.


Genesis reunited and is on tour. I needed to see them before I die (or they do). It really was a must see for me. Don't give me any shit about how it's not Genesis without Peter Gabriel, I don't want to hear it. I like his solo music, but I'm not a fan of his work when he was with Genesis.

What odd taste in men I have. I've always thought Phil was attractive. He still looks Darned good. He's 56.

Oh fuck. My Dad is gonna be 59 in October. Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuckity Fuck.

I wanna be a kid again.

Here's pics. They get bigger if you click em. Not too bad for a shitty camera phone. These are from day two. 4th row center... the Asian couple seated next to me had these insane digital cameras with telephoto lenses on them. I wonder how they got those past security.





Some random dude. I'm wearing that same shirt right now.
<---- See? I really was there. That's me gazing longingly at Phil.

Hmmm. I have some really crappy video. Lets try that too.


Oh heck. This is awful. It looks fantastic on my phone even though it looks like shit here. I was there. 4th row center. It fucking kicked ass. I was behind Phil's girlfriend. I could have touched her. He was singing to her, looking at her, it was obvious... It was almost like he was singing to me.


3 comments:

concerned citizen said...

hey Bryan! horrible video!
BTW, my daughter says you look exactly like the guy at Safeway, too. I swear I will send you a picture of him.
I've heard we all have a twin somewhere...

Unknown said...

The video is actually darned good when it scaled to the right proportions... me sticking in that stupid free mess of a thing certainly didn't improve its quality.

My Mom has/had a twin. We never found out who she was. It was so strange. People thought they had seen Mom here or there... she wasn't there, I was with her, so I know where Mom was...

I ran into the woman once. Totally fucking freaked me out. Completely. I did say hello to her. It was very bizarre, Orwellian or even Picassoesque. It was so strange. So strangely strange.

It's probably good that Mom never met her, the space/time continuiun would have been irreversably shattered and the Universe would have imploded I guess.

My grandfather was a jerk... she might have been my aunt. I'll never know.

Unknown said...

oooh! Look at me using big words! Orwellian or even Picassoesque I sound like I was edjumakated or sumfin!